A bit of a mouthful, literally 🙂 Yes- the title doesn’t leave much for the imagination!
I was really excited about my new fascination with Quorn Chicken. Its like chicken but not. The great thing is that it is a winner with my vegetarian friends and those who cannot eat standard chicken (need Halal or Kosher)- one fits all!
I do not like cheese too much and so i have created my take on Lasagna ‘sans cheese’ and cheesy sauce.
|Mouth watering ingredients…|
|Juicy Sauce used for the Lasagna|
- 200g Quorn Chicken
- 50g Green Beans
- 50g Baby corn
- Half an onion
- 3-4 sheets of Spelt Lasgna (see suggested brand)
- 10ml of Almond Milk (see suggested brand)
- 600g/1lb 5oz prepared sweet potato and butternut squash
Making the ingredient
- Marinade the quorn chicken with some salt. I love using herbamare sea salt (http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pages/product_detail.asp?pid=2704&prodid=3086)
- Fry the onions in a pan and add washed Green beans and baby corn together. Add the marinated quorn chicken til it is all semi cooked. These will be ingredients you will be using to layer your lasagna. Put that to one side.
Making the sauce
- Start chopping the sweet potato and butternut squash into small chunks
- Place these chunks in water- ensure that the water covers al the chunks and bring the water to the boil.
- Once the chunks have softened, blend into sauce and add seasoning (salt or herbamare) and add almond milk to make the sauce milky
Layering the lasagna
- Start layering up the lasagna by putting an inch thickness of the semi cooked ingredients into a lasagna pirex dish- a nice retangular would work. Add some sauce and then put a sheet or two of the lasagna sheet over the ingredients laid in the dish. Try not to overlap the sheets- just cover the ingredients.
- Put another layer of ingredients on top of the sheets, and sauce, and then another layer of lasagna sheet
- If you can put another layer of ingredient and sheets, do that.
- End with the sheet of lasagna on top- add some cheese or more sauce to cover the top
- Put the dish into the oven and cook for 20 mins @ 300 degrees fairenheit.
Enjoy your new dish 🙂